Top 5 less visited trek in Nepal
30 Mar 2022 Tourist Link Trek
Nepal is one of the most diversified countries in the world in terms of people, geography, culture, language, custom, flora-fauna and climate. Eight out of fourteen highest mountains are located here. It is also the second richest country in water resources after Brazil. Kathmandu is known as the city of temple since medieval age and that legacy left so many heritage sites including temple, monastery, monument, memorial building and royal palace. Another interesting fact about Kathmandu is it holds the highest saturation of UNESCEO world heritage site within small diameter. It is home to 125 different ethnic groups whereas 120 different languages are spoken here.
Being located in the middle of two giant ancient countries India and China, Nepal became melting pot. Nepali culture, language, religion and way of life is highly influenced by these countries. Thus the mixture if these two civilizations can be reflected through Nepali culture, language, religion and cuisine.
Nepal is very famous for adventurous activities like trekking, rafting, sky diving etc. Among them trekking is the most famous and it’s the widely done activities among tourist. Himalaya is located in the northern part of Nepal stretching from all the way east to west. There are hundreds of different trekking routes some are very bushy and full of people whereas some are less visited and unspoiled. Below we are going to discuss on top 5 less visited trek in Nepal.
- Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek: Kanchenjunga 8586m is the third highest mountain in the world. This mountain lies in the northern side of far eastern Nepal sharing its border with India. Kanchenjunga base camp trek would be the best choice for the trekker who is willing to have true taste of mountain hiking in the virgin province. Kanchenjunga region is less affected by modernization and westernization thus you can still expect same purity as it used to be in the past. Visiting Kanchenjunga base camp, exploring far eastern remote lifestyle, red panda observation, Rai-Limbu peoples culture exploration are the major attraction of this journey.
- Rara Lake Trek: Rara Lake is the largest lake in Nepal which is located in the far western part of Nepal. The pristine beauty of the region amazes every visitor deeply. This region is less developed and has less impact of westernization and modernization. The indigenous people from this region have distinct culture, custom, ritual and dialect. This trip is dream destination for Nepali people.
- Manaslu Circuit Trek: Manaslu Circuit Trek is one of the newly famous treks which encompass Manaslu conservation area. The name Manaslu came from famous mountain Mt Manaslu 8163m which is eighth highest mountains in the world. Manaslu circuit trek is located in the Gorkha district of Nepal from where world renowned Gurkha warrior came. Trek following mighty Budhi Gandaki, visit monastery, observing Tibetean decendent Bhotia people culture, Visit Mt Mt Manaslu base camp are the major attraction to this journey.
- Dhaulagiri sanctuary trek: Dhaulagiri Sanctuary trek is newly introduced trekking trail and it is the shortest route to Dhaulagiri south base camp 4050m. This journey offers you and incredible chance to explore Magar people’s culture, custom and way of living for the first time. The journey can be start at the place called Beni which is located between confluences of two holy rivers. It takes one and half week to complete this journey while it is recommend to have trip booked through government authorized agency and must have an experienced guide because this is less visited area few night need to be camped on the higher province.
- Makalu Base camp trek: Makalu Base Camp trek is the journey inside Makalu Barun National Park which takes you all the way to the heart of the sanctuary and takes you to the foothill of world fifth highest mountain Mt Makalu Base Camp 5100m. Mt Makalu 8463m is famous for being fifth highest mountain and being neighbor to Mt Everest and Mt Lhotse. This trek is less affected from modernization and westernization that you can see very less sign of civilization.